CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician Certification Training Course
CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician
|Number of Exams:
Grants (discounts) are available for multiple students for the same or different courses.
|Call (800) 611-1840 for Class Schedule|
You will identify essential healthcare and IT concepts and terminology and how to integrate the two realms of practice. This course prepares students for CompTIA Exam HIT-001.
Healthcare IT Technician Target Student: The typical student for this course is an experienced IT professional in a role such as desktop support technician, network administrator, systems administrator, or database administrator, who is looking for opportunities within the healthcare industry or may already be working within the healthcare industry. Such students want to prove through certification that they have the knowledge and skills required to implement, deploy, and support healthcare IT systems.
Healthcare IT Technician Prerequisites: While there are no strict prerequisites, CompTIA intends the Healthcare IT Technician certificate to serve as an add-on to the CompTIA® A+® certification.
Students should have experience and comfort with the following concepts and tasks:
- Computer and networking terminology.
- The functional components of a computer and a network (both wired and wireless).
- Installing and troubleshooting Microsoft® Windows®XP and Windows® 7.
- Installing and troubleshooting software, hardware, and networking components.
- Working with computer peripherals.
- Setting up, maintaining, and troubleshooting mobile devices.
- Computer and network security best practices.
Recommended courses (or the equivalent certifications):
- CompTIA® A+® Certification
- CompTIA® Security+® and CompTIA® Network+® will also be helpful.
Healthcare IT Technician Course Objectives
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- define and describe concepts and terminology that are fundamental to your understanding of the use of IT in a healthcare environment.
- describe the medical environment including its organization, stakeholders, and the most significant technologies.
- leverage core medical concepts to describe the use of IT in the medical workplace.
- describe the essential elements of computing including hardware, software, networking, and change control.
- provide IT support and solve IT problems in the medical workplace.
- integrate security best practices into your daily healthcare IT workflow.
Healthcare IT Technician Course Content
Lesson 1: Healthcare IT Fundamentals
- Core Concepts in Healthcare IT
- EMR/EHR Issues
- Stakeholders, Regulations, and Standards
- HIPAA Controls and Compliance
Lesson 2: The Medical Environment
- Healthcare Organizations
- Medical Terminology, Equipment, and Software
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Medical Computer Interfaces
Lesson 3: Using IT in the Medical Workplace
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage Communication and Ethics Issues
- Legal Best Practices, Requirements, and Documentation
- Medical Document Imaging
- Sanitation Management
Lesson 4: Healthcare IT Technical Components
- Computing Essentials
- Manage Servers and Software
- Hardware Support
Lesson 5: Providing Medical IT Support
- Set Up a Workstation
- Troubleshoot Basic IT Issues
- Troubleshoot Medical IT Issues
- Implementation of an EMR/EHR System
- Change Control
Lesson 6: Security
- Manage Physical and Logical Security
- Implement Security Best Practices and Threat Mitigation Techniques
- Manage Remote Access
- Manage Wireless Security
- Perform Backups and Disaster Recovery
CED Solutions is your best choice for Healthcare IT Technician,
Healthcare IT Technician training,
Healthcare IT Technician certification,
Healthcare IT Technician boot camp,
Healthcare IT Technician certification training,
Healthcare IT Technician certification course,
Healthcare IT Technician course,
Healthcare IT Technician class.