CompTIA ITF+ Certification Training Course
CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+)
|Number of Exams:
Grants (discounts) are available for multiple students for the same or different courses.
Payment Plan Available
- CompTIA Official Courseware
- CompTIA Official Video
- CompTIA Official Labs
- Lifetime access to Courseware
- Videos and Labs are available for 1 year from date of redemption
- Apply Cost to Instructor-led Training of Same Course
- Certified Instructor
- Includes all course materials
- Practice Exam
- Certification Exam
Can't travel or you want to stay with your family or business. No problem!
Stay in your own city and save the additional expenses of roundtrip airfare, lodging, transportation, and meals and receive the same great instruction live from our instructors in our Live Instructor-Led Remote Classroom Training.
Remote Classroom Training
Our Remote Classroom Training is a live class with students observing the instructor and listening through your computer speakers.
You will see the instructor's computer, slides, notes, etc., just like in the classroom. You will be following along, doing work, labs, and individual assignments.
CompTIA IT Fundamentals (ITF+) is an introduction to basic IT knowledge and skills.
CompTIA ITF+ helps professionals to decide if a career in IT is right for them or to develop a broader understanding of IT.
- ITF+ is the only pre-career certification that helps students or career changers determine if they have a competency for information technology and if it is the right career path for them.
- ITF+ is the only single certification that covers all areas of IT foundations, creating a broader understanding of IT making it ideal for non-technical professionals.
- ITF+ establishes an IT education framework for students in secondary and post-secondary settings.
What Skills Will You Learn?
IT CONCEPTS & TERMINOLOGY
Comprehend notational systems, illustrate the basics of computing and explain the value of data and troubleshooting
Know how to set up and install common peripheral devices to a laptop/PC or secure a basic wireless network
APPLICATIONS & SOFTWARE
Manage applications software, understand the various components of an operating system and explain the purpose of methods of application architecture
Comprehend programming language categories, interpret logic, and understand the purpose of programming concepts
Able to explain database concepts, structures, and purpose, as well as understands methods used to interface
Understand confidentiality, integrity, and availability concerns of secure devices and best practice methods
Who would benefit from ITF+?
- Students considering a career in IT.
- Professionals working in fields that require a broad understanding of IT.
- Marketing, sales and operations staff in IT-based organizations.
1.0 IT Concepts and Terminology
Compare and contrast notational systems.
- Data representation
Compare and contrast fundamental data types and their characteristics.
Illustrate the basics of computing and processing.
Explain the value of data and information.
- Data and information as assets
- Importance of investing in security
- Relationship of data to creating information
- Intellectual property
- Digital products
- Data-driven business decisions
Compare and contrast common units of measure.
- Storage unit
- Throughput unit
- Processing speed
Explain the troubleshooting methodology.
- Identify the problem
- Research knowledge base/ Internet, if applicable
- Establish a theory of probable cause
- Test the theory to determine the cause
- Establish a plan of action to resolve the problem and identify potential effects
- Implement the solution or escalate as necessary
- Verify full system functionality and, if applicable, implement preventive measures
- Document findings/lessons learned, actions, and outcomes
Classify common types of input/output device interfaces.
- Peripheral device
- Graphic device
Given a scenario, set up and install common peripheral devices to a laptop/PC.
- o Devices
- Installation types
Explain the purpose of common internal computing components.
- Motherboard/system board
Compare and contrast common Internet service types.
- Fiber optic
Compare and contrast storage types.
- Volatile vs. non-volatile
- Local storage types
- Local network storage types
- Cloud storage service
Compare and contrast common computing devices and their purposes.
- Mobile phones
- Gaming consoles
Explain basic networking concepts.
- Basics of network communication
- Device addresses
- Basic protocols
Given a scenario, install, configure and secure a basic wireless network.
- Best practices
3.0 Applications and Software
Explain the purpose of operating systems.
- Interface between applications and hardware
- Disk management
- Process management/scheduling
- Application management
- Memory management
- Device management
- Access control/protection
- Types of OS
Compare and contrast components of an operating system.
- File systems and features
- File management
Explain the purpose and proper use of software.
- Productivity software
- Collaboration software
- Business software
Explain methods of application architecture and delivery models.
- Application delivery methods
- Application architecture models
Given a scenario, configure and use web browsers.
- Caching/clearing cache
- Deactivate client-side scripting
- Browser add-ons/extensions
- Private browsing
- Proxy settings
- Popup blockers
- Script blockers
- Compatible browser for application(s)
Compare and contrast general application concepts and uses.
- Single-platform software
- Cross-platform software
- Software installation best practices
4.0 Software Development Concepts
Compare and contrast programming language categories.
- Compiled programming languages
- Query languages
- Assembly language
Given a scenario, use programming organizational techniques and interpret logic.
- Organizational techniques
- Logic components
Explain the purpose and use of programming concepts.
5.0 Database Fundamentals
Explain database concepts and the purpose of a database.
- Usage of database
- Flat file vs. database
Compare and contrast various database structures.
- Structured vs. semi-structured vs. non-structured
- Relational databases
- Non-relational databases
Summarize methods used to interface with databases.
- Relational methods
- Database access methods
Summarize confidentiality, integrity and availability concerns.
- Confidentiality concerns
- Integrity concerns
- Availability concerns
Explain methods to secure devices and best practices.
- Securing devices (mobile/workstation)
- Device use best practices
Summarize behavioral security concepts.
- Expectations of privacy
- Written policies and procedures
- Handling of confidential information
Compare and contrast authentication, authorization, accounting and non-repudiation concepts.
Explain password best practices.
- Password length
- Password complexity
- Password history
- Password expiration
- Password reuse across sites
- Password managers
- Password reset process
Explain common uses of encryption.
- Plain text vs. cipher text
- Data at rest
- Data in transit
Explain business continuity concepts.
- Fault tolerance
- Disaster recovery
CED Solutions is your best choice for CompTIA ITF+,
CompTIA ITF+ training,
CompTIA ITF+ certification,
CompTIA ITF+ boot camp,
CompTIA ITF+ certification training,
CompTIA ITF+ certification course,
CompTIA ITF+ course,
CompTIA ITF+ class.