CompTIA Server+ Certification Training Course
|Number of Exams:
Grants (discounts) are available for multiple students for the same or different courses.
|10/26 - 10/30, 2020
10:00 AM - 6:00 PM ET
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CT
7:00 AM - 3:00 PM PT
4:00 AM - 12:00 PM HT
- Hands-on instruction by a certified instructor
- Includes all course materials
- On-site Testing
- Lunch & Snacks provided each day
- Practice Exam
- Certification Exam
Can't travel or you want to stay with your family or business. No problem! Stay in your own city and save the additional expenses of roundtrip airfare, lodging, transportation, and meals and receive the same great instruction live from our instructors in our Live Instructor-Led Remote Classroom Training.
Remote Classroom Training
Our Remote Classroom Training is a live class with students observing the instructor and listening through your computer speakers. You will see the instructor's computer, slides, notes, etc., just like in the classroom. You will be following along, doing work, labs, and individual assignments.
Server+ certification is a standard of competency for mid- to upper-level technicians responsible for server hardware functionality.
The Server+ certification credential validates advanced-level technical competency of server issues and technology, including installation, configuration, upgrading, maintenance, troubleshooting and disaster recovery. This certification is geared toward mid- to upper-level technicians.
You will install, configure, upgrade, maintain, and troubleshoot servers. You will also examine the server hardware and software, server IT environment, disaster recovery concepts, and learn information and skills that will be helpful on the job.
The CompTIA Server+ certification exam is targeted at IT professionals, network support technicians, and server hardware specialists having 18-24 months of experience in the information technology industry and hands-on experience with the installation, configuration, diagnosis, and troubleshooting of PC hardware.
Students taking this class or preparing for the Server+ 2009 examination should have 18 to 24 months of hands-on experience with the installation, configuration, diagnosis, and troubleshooting of PC hardware and network operating system issues. It is recommended that they also hold the CompTIA A+ certification.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- examine server fundamentals.
- identify the hardware components of a server.
- describe the features of server software.
- examine the various types of storage systems used in servers.
- install hardware components on a server.
- configure servers.
- examine the issues in upgrading server components.
- identify some of the industry's best practices for deploying a server and the various strategies of securing, accessing, and remotely managing the server hardware.
- troubleshoot servers.
- describe disaster recovery concepts and techniques.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Servers
- Examine the Network Architecture
- Identify Common Server Types and Functions
Lesson 2: Exploring the Server Hardware
- Identify Server System Board Components
- Explore System Processing Core
- Explore Server Memory
- Examine Server Cooling and Power Systems
Lesson 3: Introduction to Server Software
- Describe Server Software
- NOS Management Features
- NOS Security Features
- Network Essentials for Servers
Lesson 4: Exploring the Server Storage System
- Examine Storage Devices Used for Servers
- Explore IDE and SCSI
- Describe RAID
- Explore NAS Implementations
- Explore SAN Implementations
Lesson 5: Installing the Server Hardware
- Identify the Best Practices in Server Hardware Installation
- Install Hardware Components on a Server
- Verify Server Installation
- Install a Server in a Network Environment
Lesson 6: Configuring Servers
- NOS Installation and Verification
- Install System Monitoring Agents and Service Tools
- Server Configuration Documentation
Lesson 7: Examining the Issues in Upgrading Server Components
- Examine an Upgrade Checklist
- Examine the Issues in Upgrading Server Hardware
- Examine the Issues in Upgrading Server Software
Lesson 8: Examining Servers in an IT Environment
- Industry Best Practices for Server Installation and Maintenance
- Server Security and Access Methods
Lesson 9: Troubleshooting Servers
- Examine the Troubleshooting Theory and Methodologies
- Troubleshoot Server Hardware Problems
- Troubleshoot Server Software Problems
- Troubleshoot Server Network Problems
- Troubleshoot Server Storage Device Problems
Lesson 10: Exploring Disaster Recovery Concepts and Methodologies
- Examine Disaster Recovery Plans
- Implement Disaster Recovery Methodologies
- Implement Replication Methods
CED Solutions is your best choice for CompTIA Server+ Certification,
CompTIA Server+ Certification training,
CompTIA Server+ Certification certification,
CompTIA Server+ Certification boot camp,
CompTIA Server+ Certification certification training,
CompTIA Server+ Certification certification course,
CompTIA Server+ Certification course,
CompTIA Server+ Certification class.