CompTIA Project+ Certification Training Course
CompTIA Project+ (PK0-005)
|Number of Exams:
Grants (discounts) are available for multiple students for the same or different courses.
Guaranteed to Run
|12/11 - 12/15, 2023
10:00 AM - 6:00 PM ET
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM CT
7:00 AM - 3:00 PM PT
4:00 AM - 12:00 PM HT
Online Self-Study courses allow you to study around your busy schedule, remain working as you train, work at your own pace.
Payment Plan Available
- CompTIA Official Courseware
- CompTIA Official Labs
- Lifetime access to Courseware
- Labs are available for 1 year from date of redemption
- Apply Cost to Instructor-led Training of Same Course
- Certified Instructor
- Includes all course materials
Can't travel or you want to stay with your family or business. No problem!
Stay in your own city and save the additional expenses of roundtrip airfare, lodging, transportation, and meals and receive the same great instruction live from our instructors in our Live Instructor-Led Remote Classroom Training.
Remote Classroom Training
Our Remote Classroom Training is a live class with students observing the instructor and listening through your computer speakers.
You will see the instructor's computer, slides, notes, etc., just like in the classroom. You will be following along, doing work, labs, and individual assignments.
CompTIA Project+ gives IT Pros the basic concepts to successfully manage small to medium sized projects.
The CompTIA Project+ examination is designed for IT professionals who coordinate or manage small-to-medium-sized projects. The successful candidate will have the knowledge and skills required to:
- Manage the project life cycle
- Ensure appropriate communication
- Manage resources and stakeholders
- Maintain project documentation
Why is it different?
CompTIA Project+ is ideal for IT professionals who need to manage smaller, less complex projects as part of their other job duties but still have foundational project management skills. Project+ is more versatile than other certifications because it covers essential project management concepts beyond the scope of just one methodology or framework.
What Skills Will You Learn?
Summarize the properties of project, phases, schedules, roles and responsibilities, and cost controls, as well as identifying the basic aspects of Agile methodology
Predict the impact of various constraint variables and influences throughout the project and explain the importance of risk strategies and activities
COMMUNICATION & CHANGE MANAGEMENT
Understand appropriate communication methods of influence and use change control processes within the context of a project
PROJECT TOOLS & DOCUMENTATION
Compare and contrast various project management tools and analyze project and partner-centric documentation
Jobs that use CompTIA Project+
- Project Coordinator
- IT Project Team Member
- Jr. IT Project Manager
- Manager, Director, Team Leader
1.0 Project Management Concepts
Explain the basic characteristics of a project and various
methodologies and frameworks used in IT projects.
- Characteristics of a project
- Methodologies and frameworks
Compare and contrast Agile vs. Waterfall concepts.
- Criteria for selecting a method
- Team composition
- Differences in communication methods
Given a scenario, apply the change control process throughout
the project life cycle.
- Project-specific change control
- Project change management
Given a scenario, perform risk management activities.
- General risks
- Known risk vs. unknown risk
- Common risk responses
- Risk analysis
- Connections between risks and issues
- Connection between risks and changes
- Roles and responsibilities
Given a scenario, perform issue management activities.
- Roles and responsibilities
- Issue tracking
- Connections between issues and changes
- Resolution plan
- Outcome documentation
Given a scenario, apply schedule development and management activities and techniques.
- Upcoming milestones and activity identification
- Resource loading
- Estimating techniques
- Story estimation/story points
- Scheduling tools
- Schedule maintenance
- Revise baseline vs. rebaseline
Compare and contrast quality management concepts and performance management concepts.
- Retrospective/lessons learned
- Sprint review
- Service-level agreement
- Key performance indicators-objectives and key results
- Cost and schedule performance
- Audits and inspections
- Test plan and testing cycles
- Verification and validation
- Post-implementation support/warranty period
Compare and contrast communication management concepts.
- Assess methods
- Develop communication platforms/modalities
- Manage project communication
- Controlling project communication
Given a scenario, apply effective meeting management techniques.
- Meeting types
- Agenda settings/publishing
- Action items
- Meeting minutes
Given a scenario, perform basic activities related to team and resource management.
- Organizational structures
- Resource life cycle
- Resource types and criticality
- Gap analysis
- Team performance considerations
- Roles and responsibilities
Explain important project procurement and vendor selection concepts.
- Resource procurement methods
- Exploratory documents
- Vendor evaluation techniques
- Contract considerations and types
2.0 Project Life Cycle Phases
Explain the value of artifacts in the discovery/concept preparation phase for a project.
- Business case or business objective
- Prequalified vendor
- Predetermined client
- Preexisting contracts
- Financial concepts
Given a scenario, perform activities during the project initiation phase.
- Develop the project charter
- Identify and assess stakeholders
- Develop a responsibility assignment matrix (RAM)
- Establish accepted communication channels
- Develop a records management plan
- Define access requirements
- Review existing artifacts
- Determine solution design
- Conduct project kickoff methods
Given a scenario, perform activities during the project planning phase.
- Assess the resource pool
- Assign project resources
- Train project team members
- Develop a communication plan
- Develop a detailed scope statement
- Define units of work
- Develop a project schedule
- Determine budget considerations
- Develop QA plan
- Perform an initial risk assessment
- Develop a transition plan/release plan
- Develop a project management plan
Given a scenario, perform activities during the project execution phase.
- Execute tasks according to the project management plan
- Implement organizational change management
- Manage vendors
- Conduct project meetings and updates
- Update the project budget
- Update the project timeline
- Manage conflict
- Coordinate a phase gate review
Explain the importance of activities performed during the closing phase.
- Project evaluation
- Validation of deliverables
- Closing contracts
- Removing access
- Releasing resources
- Project closure meeting
- Project closeout report
- Collecting feedback from stakeholders
- Archiving documentation
- Budget reconciliation
- Rewards and celebration
- Project sign-off
3.0 Tools and Documentation
Given a scenario, use the appropriate tools throughout the project life cycle.
Compare and contrast various project management productivity tools.
- Communication tools
- Collaboration tools
- Meeting tools
- Documentation and office production tools
- Project management scheduling tools
- Ticketing/case management system
Given a scenario, analyze quality and performance charts to inform project decisions.
- Pareto charts
- Run charts
- Scatter diagrams
- Fishbone/Ishikawa diagrams
- Control charts
- Burnup/burndown chart
- Velocity chart
- Decision tree
4.0 Basics of IT and Governance
Summarize basic environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors related to project management activities.
- Project impact to the local and global environment
- Awareness of applicable regulations and standards
- Awareness of company vision, mission statements, and values
- Project impact to company brand value
Explain relevant information security concepts impacting project management concepts.
- Physical security
- Operational security
- Digital security
- Data security
- Corporate IT security policies and restrictions
Explain relevant compliance and privacy considerations impacting project management.
- Data confidentiality
- Legal and regulatory impacts
- Country-, state-, province-specific privacy regulations
- Awareness of industry- or organization-specific compliance concerns impacting a project
Summarize basic IT concepts relevant to IT project management.
- Cloud models
Explain operational change-control processes during an IT project.
- IT infrastructure change control
- Software change control
- Differences between cloud vs. on premises in change control
- Continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) process
- Production vs. beta/staging environments
CED Solutions is your best choice for CompTIA Project+,
CompTIA Project+ training,
CompTIA Project+ certification,
CompTIA Project+ boot camp,
CompTIA Project+ certification training,
CompTIA Project+ certification course,
CompTIA Project+ course,
CompTIA Project+ class.