Mac OS Introduction Training
Intro to Mac OS
"Fun, energetic - kept the class moving at a comfortable pace and made it interesting"
-Julie B, Coca Cola
You will explore the environment of Mac OS X 10.6 and learn to use its various applications such as Safari, iChat, and iLife. You will also use the OS to manage files and folders, save information, and manage storage space.
This course is designed for desktop users who are interested in learning the fundamentals needed to operate, navigate, and use a Macintosh system with OS X 10.6.
Knowledge of previous versions of Mac operating systems is desired, but not needed.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- examine and explore the user interface elements of Mac OS X v10.6.
- manage files and folders so that you can retrieve required files, when needed.
- create, format, and edit documents, and also make a printout of essential documents.
- browse the Internet by using the Safari web browser.
- use the iLife Application suite to record music using different instruments, import and host photos, create movies, and host all of them on the web.
- manage memory and storage space on your computer.
Getting Started with Mac
- Work with the Desktop Elements
- Explore the Applications in Mac
- Use the Dashboard
- Manipulate the Dock Elements
- Set System Preferences
- Get Help Using the Mac Help Window
Managing Files and Folders
- Create a Folder
- Set Folder Display Options
- Work with Finder
Working with Data
- Create a TextEdit Document
- Insert Objects in a Document
- Format a Document
- Edit a Document
- Print a Document
Browsing the Internet
- Familiarize Yourself with the Internet
- Browse Websites by Using Safari
- Send Email
- Use iChat
- Use iCal
Working with iLife Applications
- Work with GarageBand
- Work with iPhoto
- Work with iMovie
- Work with iDVD
- Work with iWeb
Managing Storage Space
- Determine Memory and Storage Capacity
- Organize Files on a Hard Disk
- Use Removable Media
Appendix A: .Mac to MobileMe Transition
CED Solutions is your best choice for Intro to Mac OS,
Intro to Mac OS training,
Intro to Mac OS certification,
Intro to Mac OS boot camp,
Intro to Mac OS certification training,
Intro to Mac OS certification course,
Intro to Mac OS course,
Intro to Mac OS class.