Microsoft Certification Training
Search classes by keyword:
Search classes by category:
Microsoft Certification and Microsoft Training, Cisco Certification and MCSE Certification
ISC2 CISSP Intensive space

ISC2 CISSP Intensive Certification Training Course

ISC2 CISSP Official Intensive Certification Training Course

Course Number: #CED-55
Course Length: 6 days
Number of Exams: 1
Certifications: CISSP

Class Price: ISC2 CISSP Intensive Training Quote

Grants (discounts) are available for returning students, multiple students, active duty military, government, government contractors, non-profit companies and educational institutions or US Veterans.

"I would highly recommend any new or seasoned IT security professional looking for a complete CISSP prep."

-Jason Lee, Alpharetta, GA

• Includes roundtrip airfare and lodging (Atlanta and Fort Lauderdale locations only)
  • Hands-on instruction by a certified instructor
  • Includes all course materials
  • Breakfast and Lunch provided each day

Businesses make substantial investments in information assets, including technology, architecture, and processes. These assets are protected on the strengths of the professionals in charge.

Industry standards, ethics and certification of IS professionals becomes critical to ensuring that higher standards for security are achieved. Training for the CISSP exam covers all ten domains of the Common Body of Knowledge.

This course should be attended by network and firewall administrators, information security officers, and anyone interested in understanding the principles, best practices, and core concepts of information systems security.

Course Overview

The CISSP training is an advanced course designed to meet the high demands of the information security industry by preparing students for the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) exam. This certification is managed by the internationally recognized and highly prestigious International Information Systems Security Certifications Consortium ISC.

The exam covers ISC's ten domains from the Common Body of Knowledge (CBK), encompassing the whole of information security. The exam consists of 250 multiple-choice questions. Candidates have up to 6 hours to complete the examination.

Course materials reflect the latest information system security issues, concerns, and countermeasures.

• Discusses all ten domains of Common Body of Knowledge (CBK), helping to prepare for the CISSP exam.
  • The CBK is the compilation and distillation of all information systems security material collected internationally of relevance to information system security professionals.
  • Ensures information system security professionals have an opportunity to review the CBK in-depth, in preparation for the certification examination and to stay current on the ever-evolving domains within the information system security field.
  • Presents a high-level review of the main topics
  • Identifies specific areas students should study for exam preparation
  • Provides an overview of the scope of the field

To qualify for a re-sit of the Official ISC2 CISSP course, a student must have attempted the exam and failed before a free re-sit is permitted.

Prerequisites

Candidates must have a minimum of five (5) years of direct full-time professional security work experience in two or more of the ten domains of the (ISC)2 CISSP CBK.

Candidates may receive a one year experience waiver with a four-year college degree, or regional equivalent OR additional credential from the (ISC)2 approved list, thus requiring four (4) years of direct full-time professional security work experience in two or more of the ten domains of the CISSP CBK.

Candidates who have not completed the 5 years of experience to take the CISSP, can take an Associate CISSP exam. This will give them a credential showing their knowledge until they are able to meet the experience requirements for the CISSP.

Course Outline

Security Management Practices
  • Security management concepts
  • Policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures
  • Security awareness concepts
  • Risk management practices
  • Basic information on classification levels
  • Security management entails the identification of an organization's information assets and the development, documentation, and implementation of policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines.
  • Management tools such as data classification and risk assessment and analysis are used to identify threats, classify assets, and to rate system vulnerabilities so that effective controls can be implemented.
Access Control Systems
  • Access controls are a collection of administrative, physical, and technical mechanisms that work together within a security architecture to protect the assets of an information system. Coverage of the threats, vulnerabilities, and risks associated with an information system's infrastructure, and the available preventive and detective measures to counter them.
Telecommunications, Network, and Internet Security
  • Network Structures
  • Transmission methods
  • Transport formats
  • Security measures providing availability, integrity, and confidentiality
  • Authentication for transmissions over public and private communications networks
Cryptography
  • Addresses the principles, means, and methods of disguising information to ensure its integrity, confidentiality and authenticity.
  • Definitions
  • History
  • Cryptology Fundamentals
  • Symmetric Key Cryptosystem Fundamentals
  • Asymmetric Key Cryptosystem Fundamentals
  • Key Distribution and Management Issues
  • Public Key Infrastructure Definitions and Concepts
Security Architecture and Models
  • Concepts, principles, structures, and standards used to design, monitor, and secure operating systems, equipment, networks, applications and those controls used to enforce various levels of confidentiality, availability, and integrity.
  • Computer organization
  • Hardware components
  • Software/firmware components
  • Open systems
  • Distributed systems
  • Protection mechanisms
  • Evaluation criteria
  • Certification and accreditation
  • Formal security models
  • Confidentiality models
  • Integrity models
  • Information flow models
Operations Security
  • Identifies the controls over hardware and media, and the operators and administrators with access privileges to any of these resources. Auditing and monitoring provide the mechanisms, tools, and facilities that permit the identification of security events. Subsequent actions identify key elements and report pertinent information to the appropriate individual, group, or process.
Applications and Systems Development Security
  • Addresses the important security concepts that apply to application software development. Outlines the environment where software is designed and developed and explains the critical role software plays in providing information system security.
  • The software development life cycle
  • Object-oriented systems
  • Artificial intelligence systems
  • Database security issues
  • Data warehousing
  • Data mining
  • Application controls
Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery Planning
  • Addresses the preservation and recovery of business operations in the event of outages. Differences between business continuity planning and disaster recovery.
  • Project scope and planning, business impact analysis
  • Recovery strategies
  • Recovery plan development
  • Implementation
  • Recovery plan development, implementation and restoration
Law, Investigations, and Ethics
  • Computer crime laws and regulations
  • The measures and technologies used to investigate computer crime incidents
  • Laws applying to computer crimes
  • How to determine if a crime has occurred
  • Preserving evidence
  • The basic of conducting an investigation
  • Liabilities under the law
Physical Security
  • Provides protection techniques for the entire facility, from the outside perimeter to inside office space, including all information system resources.
  • Elements involved in choosing a secure site, its design and configuration
  • Methods for securing a facility against unauthorized access
  • Methods for securing the equipment against theft of the equipment or its contained information
  • Environmental and safety measures needed to protect personnel, the facility and its resources

CED Solutions is your best choice for ISC2 CISSP Intensive, ISC2 CISSP Intensive training, ISC2 CISSP Intensive certification, ISC2 CISSP Intensive boot camp, ISC2 CISSP Intensive certification training, ISC2 CISSP Intensive certification course, ISC2 CISSP Intensive course, ISC2 CISSP Intensive class.

ISC2 CISSP Intensive space
Search classes by keyword:
Search classes by category:

Copyright © 2014 CED Solutions. CED Solutions Refund Policy. All Rights Reserved.