Microsoft SQL Server Training
MCTS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008
||MCTS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Installation and Maintenance
|Number of Exams:
SQL Server 2008 Training Quote
"I loved this course and would recommend it to my command. I learned a lot in the short time that I was here. I am so impressed with CED and what they have to offer. I was originally scheduled for New Horizon's until my husband recommended your company."
-Sara Robles, Ruskin, FL
- Includes roundtrip airfare and lodging
and Fort Lauderdale boot camps only)
- Hands-on instruction by a certified instructor
- Includes all course materials and practice exams
- Onsite Testing
- Breakfast and Lunch provided each day
Can't travel or you want to stay with your family or business. No problem! Stay in your own city and save the additional expenses of roundtrip airfare, lodging, transportation, and meals and receive the same great instruction live from our instructors in our Live Instructor-Led Remote Classroom Training.
Remote Classroom Training
Our Remote Classroom Training is a live class with students observing the instructor and listening through your computer speakers. You will see the instructor's computer, slides, notes, etc., just like in the classroom. You will be following along, doing work, labs, and individual assignments.
When you earn a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certification, you validate your deep technical knowledge and skill using the features and functionality of key technology areas in Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance
Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2008
- Install SQL Server 2008 and related services.
- Configure SQL Server instances.
- Configure SQL Server services.
- Configure additional SQL Server components.
- Implement database mail.
- Configure full-text indexing.
Maintaining SQL Server Instances
- Manage SQL Server Agent jobs.
- Manage SQL Server Agent alerts.
- Manage SQL Server Agent operators.
- Implement the declarative management framework (DMF).
- Back up a SQL Server environment
Managing SQL Server Security
- Manage logins and server roles.
- Manage users and database roles.
- Manage SQL Server instance permissions.
- Manage database permissions.
- Manage schema permissions and object permissions.
- Audit SQL Server instances.
- Manage transparent data encryption.
- Configure surface area.
Maintaining a SQL Server Database
- Back up databases.
- Restore databases.
- Manage and configure databases.
- Manage database snapshots.
- Maintain database integrity.
- Maintain a database by using maintenance plans.
Performing Data Management Tasks
- Import and export data.
- Manage data partitions.
- Implement data compression.
- Maintain indexes.
- Manage collations.
Monitoring and Troubleshooting SQL Server
- Identify SQL Server service problems.
- Identify concurrency problems.
- Identify SQL Agent job execution problems.
- Locate error information.
Optimizing SQL Server Performance
- Implement Resource Governor.
- Use the Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Collect trace data by using SQL Server Profiler.
- Collect performance data by using Dynamic Management Views (DMVs).
- Collect performance data by using System Monitor.
- Use Performance Studio.
Implementing High Availability
- Implement database mirroring.
- Implement a SQL Server clustered instance.
- Implement log shipping.
- Implement replication.
[ Back to top ]
CED Solutions is your best choice for SQL Server 2008,
SQL Server 2008 training,
SQL Server 2008 certification,
SQL Server 2008 boot camp,
SQL Server 2008 certification training,
SQL Server 2008 certification course,
SQL Server 2008 course,
SQL Server 2008 class.