VMware Horizon 8 Infrastructure Administration Training Course
VMware Horizon 8: Infrastructure Administration
Grants (discounts) are available for multiple students for the same or different courses.
Can't travel or you want to stay with your family or business. No problem!
Stay in your own city and save the additional expenses of roundtrip airfare, lodging, transportation, and meals and receive the same great instruction live from our instructors in our Live Instructor-Led Remote Classroom Training.
Remote Classroom Training
Our Remote Classroom Training is a live class with students observing the instructor and listening through your computer speakers.
You will see the instructor's computer, slides, notes, etc., just like in the classroom. You will be following along, doing work, labs, and individual assignments.
This hands-on course gives you the skills to install and configure a virtual desktop infrastructure platform. This course builds your skills in installing and configuring VMware Horizon® through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs. You learn how to install and configure VMware Horizon® Connection Server™, VMware Unified Access Gateway™ and how to establish Cloud Pod Architecture.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Identify Horizon Connection Server installation, architecture, and requirements.
- Describe the authentication and certification options for a Horizon environment.
- Recognize the integration process and benefits of VMware Workspace ONE® Access™ and Horizon 8.
- Compare the remote display protocols that are available in VMware Horizon.
- Describe the 3D rendering options available in Horizon 8.
- Discuss scalability options available in Horizon 8.
- Describe different security options for the Horizon environment
Administrators and architects for VMware Horizon should enroll in this course. These individuals are responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and administration of an organization's end-user computing infrastructure.
Customers attending this course should have, at a minimum, the following VMware infrastructure skills:
- Use VMware vSphere® Web Client to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks
- Open a virtual machine console on VMware vCenter Server® and access the guest operating system
- Create snapshots of virtual machines
- Configure guest customization specifications
- Modify virtual machine properties
- Convert a virtual machine into a template
- Deploy a virtual machine from a template
Attendees should also have the following Microsoft Windows system administration experience:
- Configure Active Directory services, including DNS, DHCP, and time synchronization
- Restrict user activities by implementing Group Policy objects
- Configure Windows systems to enable Remote Desktop Connections
- Build an ODBC connection to an SQL Server database
1: Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
2: Horizon Connection Server
- Recognize VMware Horizon reference architecture
- Identify the Horizon Connection Server supported features
- Identify the recommended system requirements for Horizon Connection Server
- Configure Horizon event database
- Outline the steps for the initial configuration of Horizon Connection Server
- Discuss the ADAM database as a critical component of Horizon Connection Server installation
3: Authentication and Certificates
- Compare the authentication options that Horizon Connection Server supports
- Describe the Smartcard authentication options that Horizon Connection Server supports
- Outline the steps to create a Horizon administrator and custom roles
- Describe the roles available in a Horizon environment
- Explain the role that certificates play for Horizon Connection Server
- Install and configure certificates for Horizon Connection Server
- Install and configure True SSO in a Horizon environment
4: Workspace ONE Access & Virtual Application Management
- Recognize the features and benefits of Workspace ONE Access
- Recognize the Workspace ONE Access console features
- Explain identity management in Workspace ONE Access
- Explain access management in Workspace ONE Access
- Describe the Workspace ONE Access directory integration
- Describe the Workspace ONE Access directory integration
- Deploy virtual applications with Workspace services
5: Horizon Protocols
- Compare the remote display protocols that are available in VMware Horizon
- Describe the BLAST Display Protocol Codecs
- Describe BLAST and PCoIP ADMX GPO common configurations
6: Graphic Cards
- Describe the 3D rendering options available in Horizon 8
- Compare vSGA and vDGA
- List the steps to configure graphics cards for use in a VMware Horizon environment
7: Horizon Scalability
- Describe the purpose of a replica connection server
- Explain how multiple Horizon Connection Server instances in a pod maintain synchronization
- Explain Horizon Cloud Pod Architecture LDAP replication and VIPA
- Explain Horizon Cloud Pod Architecture scalability options
8: Horizon Security
- Explain concepts relevant to secure Horizon connections
- Describe how to restrict Horizon connections.
- Discuss the benefits of using Unified Access Gateway
- List the two-factor authentication options that are supported by Unified Access Gateway
- List Unified Access Gateway firewall rules
- Describe the situation in which you might deploy Unified Access Gateway instances with one, two, or three network interfaces
CED Solutions is your best choice for VMware Horizon 8 Infrastructure Administration,
VMware Horizon 8 Infrastructure Administration training,
VMware Horizon 8 Infrastructure Administration certification,
VMware Horizon 8 Infrastructure Administration boot camp,
VMware Horizon 8 Infrastructure Administration certification training,
VMware Horizon 8 Infrastructure Administration certification course,
VMware Horizon 8 Infrastructure Administration course,
VMware Horizon 8 Infrastructure Administration class.