Microsoft Certification Training
Search classes by keyword:
Search classes by category:
Microsoft Certification and Microsoft Training, Cisco Certification and MCSE Certification
Project Mangement PMP space

PMP Training Course

PMP Boot Camp

Course Number: #CED-277
Course Length: 6 days
Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP)

Class Price: Project Mangement PMP Training Quote

Grants (discounts) are available for returning students, multiple students, active duty military, government, government contractors, non-profit companies and educational institutions or US Veterans.

"Great instruction!  Made the course extremely easy to understand.  Very thorough."

-Debbie Ramkissoon, Randstad

Project Mangement PMP top left headerProject Mangement PMP top center headerProject Mangement PMP top right headerProject Mangement PMP middle headerProject Mangement PMP header middle centerProject Mangement PMP middle right headerProject Mangement PMP bottom left headerProject Mangement PMP bottom center headerProject Mangement PMP bottom right header
Custom Training Quote
Project Mangement PMP top leftProject Mangement PMP footer top centerProject Mangement PMP footer top rightProject Mangement PMP footer middle leftProject Mangement PMP footer middle centerProject Mangement PMP footer middle rightProject Mangement PMP footer bottom leftProject Mangement PMP footer bottom centerProject Mangement PMP footer bottom right

• Hands-on instruction by a certified instructor
  • Includes all course materials
  • Breakfast and Lunch provided each day

Can't travel or you want to stay with your family or business. No problem! Stay in your own city and save the additional expenses of roundtrip airfare, lodging, transportation, and meals and receive the same great instruction live from our instructors in our Live Instructor-Led Remote Classroom Training.

Remote Classroom Training

Our Remote Classroom Training is a live class with students observing the instructor and listening through your computer speakers. You will see the instructor's computer, slides, notes, etc., just like in the classroom. You will be following along, doing work, labs, and individual assignments.

This is not just a test prep course; we do not create paper PMPs. Get skills-based training developed using a proven methodology to meet your PMP goals while developing and reinforcing real-world project management skills.

The PMP Certification Exam Prep course provides participants with full preparation for the Project Management Professional (PMP) and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certifications. The interactive course format provides participants with hands-on experience on all of the PMBOK® Guide, 5th Edition concepts, including comprehensive learning activities on each of the 42 project management processes.

Courseware includes: 360+ page course book featuring over 500 practice exam questions, Inputs, Tools & Techniques, and Outputs (ITTO) Review Worksheets for each of the 42 processes, and mutiple "Your Turn" sample problems. In addition, the courseware includes the convenient, 16-page, full-color Quick Reference Study Guide - a high-level overview of everything you need to know for the PMP exam!

Students will need to purchase the PMP exam directly from www.pmi.org after the class with proof of attending the course.

Who Should Attend

If you are in IT where PMs skills are becoming a necessity or if you are interested in or planning to get your PMP certification, you must take this course. The PMP certification is a great tool for:

• Project Managers
  • IT Managers/Directors
  • Outsourcing Professionals
  • QA Managers/Directors
  • Application Development Managers/Directors
  • Business Analysts
  • Systems Analysts
  • Systems Architect

Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible for a PMP Credential, you must first meet specific educational and project management experience requirements and agree to adhere to a code of professional conduct.

Educational Background Project Management Experience Project Management Education
High School Diploma or global equivalent* 7,500 hours in a position of responsibility leading and directing project tasks** and 60 months of project management experience 35 hours

*Applicants who hold a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent) are only required to have 4500 hours and 36 months of project management experience leading and directing project tasks.

**Project tasks are identified in the PMP Examination Specification within eight years from the date of application.

Not Just Test Prep – Skills-Based Training

Learn Project Management using the context of the PMI Process Groups - Study exam topics through the lens of the Nine Knowledge Areas

We Know You Have Experience:

The Project Management Boot Camp - PMP Prep course is constructed to help project managers master the material needed to obtain the PMP credential. It was designed with the recognition that because of the specific requirements of your organizations, practicing project managers (PMs) often have great expertise in some areas but would greatly benefit from the review of the entire project management field.

The Method:

The Project Management Boot Camp - PMP Prep course is divided logically into two parts - the first, to reinforce the PMs understanding of project management while at the same time introduction the PMI project management philosophy; and the second, to drill into you the specific topical knowledge needed to pass the PMP examination.

Using Your Experience:

The first part leads you through the Project Management Life Cycle using the context of the PMI Process Groups. It teaches project management the way it is practiced, from start to finish. This methodology builds on the student's existing knowledge base to enable you to adopt the precise language and standardized terminology of PMI and build real-world project management skills.

Preparing for the Exam:

The second part of the course looks at the specific skills of project management through the lens of the Nine Knowledge Areas. Special importance is given to those concepts, which historically have been emphasized by PMI, including memorization of guides and diagrams. Intense question review and focused memorization will be an integral part of this section.

Putting it all Together:

The Project Management Boot Camp - PMP Prep course is an intensive 4-day course. You need to come prepared to put in a full day, with study assignments in the evenings. Frequent practice exams, reviews and written exercises will enable you to master the test-taking skills needed for the PMP examination.

In-Class Practice Exams and Exercises:

In-class practice exams help you learn not only the project management knowledge, but also the nature of the Project Management Professional exam, the types of questions asked, and the form the questions take. Through practice exercises you will gain valuable information, learn how to rapidly recall important facts, and generally increase your test-taking skills. Specifically, you will:

• Learn the subject matter of the PMP examination
  • Memorize the important test information that has a high probability of being on your examination
  • Develop time management skills necessary to complete the PMP exam within the allotted time
  • Leverage your existing Project Management Skills
  • Extrapolate from your real world experiences to the PMP examination subject matter
  • Learn to identify pertinent question information to quickly answer examination problems

20 Benefits of enrolling in the Project Management Boot Camp

1. Understand how to use Earned Value Analysis to keep a project on-budget and on-time.
  2. Clearly define the scope of a project and effectively manage it throughout the project's life.
  3. Learn the elements of a clear, concise project plan.
  4. Minimize the risk of a project through proper risk management and risk response planning.
  5. Learn the fundamentals of stakeholder analysis and how to manage stakeholder expectation.
  6. Effectively communicate with project stakeholders at all levels.
  7. Learn the five process groups that form the basis of the project management life cycle.
  8. Understand the nine knowledge areas and how they apply to each of the process groups.
  9. See how to properly fill out the Project Management Professional examination application.
  10. Satisfy the educational requirement to sit for the PMP examination.
  11. Understand the PMI terminology that will be used on the PMP examination.
  12. See how Quality Planning can be used to ensure project success.
  13. Know the subject matter that will be tested, the depth to which questions will be asked, and the emphasis that will be placed on each topic.
  14. Understand how Present Value and Internal Rate of Return (IRR) are calculated and used as part of a Project Charter
  15. Learn how to construct a dependency network.
  16. Produce task time estimates that utilize best-practice and are consistently reliable.
  17. Memorize key terms, equations, and graphs for the PMP examination.
  18. Effectively translate previous project management experience to the PMI standards.
  19. Understand how to determine and measure a project's Critical Path.
  20. Develop a study plan to pass the PMP examination on the first try.

Course Outline

Lesson 1 - Introduction
  • Course Introduction
  • Project Management Framework
Lesson 2 - Project Management
  • Introduction to Project Management
  • Project Context
Lesson 3 -Initiating
  • Initiating Process Group
  • Develop Project Charter
  • Identify Stakeholders
Lesson 4 - Planning (Part 1 of 4)
  • Planning Process Group
  • Develop Project Management Plan
  • Collect Requirements
  • Define Scope
  • Create WBS
Lesson 5 - Planning (Part 2 of 4)
  • Define Activities
  • Sequence Activities
  • Estimate Activity Resources
  • Estimate Activity Durations
  • Develop Schedule
Lesson 6 - Planning (Part 3 of 4)
  • Estimate Costs
  • Determine Budget
  • Plan Quality
  • Develop Human Resource Plan
  • Plan Communications
Lesson 7 - Planning (Part 4 of 4)
  • Plan Risk Management
  • Identify Risks
  • Perform Qualitative Risk Analysis
  • Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis
  • Plan Risk Responses
  • Plan Procurements
Lesson 8 - Executing (Part 1 of 2)
  • Executing Process Group
  • Direct and Manage Project Execution
  • Perform Quality Assurance
  • Acquire Project Team
  • Develop Project Team
  • Manage Project Team
Lesson 9-Executing (Part 2 of 2)
  • Distribute Information
  • Manage Stakeholder Expectations
  • Conduct Procurements
Lesson 10 -Monitoring & Controlling (Part 1 of 3)
  • Monitoring and Controlling Process Group
  • Monitor and Control Project Work
  • Perform Integrated Change Control
  • Verify Scope
  • Control Scope
Lesson 11 -Monitoring & Controlling (Part 2 of 3)
  • Control Schedule
  • Control Costs
  • Earned Value and Forecasting
Lesson 12 -Monitoring & Controlling (Part 3 of 3)
  • Perform Quality Control
  • Report Performance
  • Monitor and Control Risks
  • Administer Procurements
Lesson 13- Closing
  • Closing Process Group
  • Close Project or Phase
  • Close Procurements
Lesson 14- Professional and Social Responsibility
  • Professional Responsibility and Code of Ethics

CED Solutions is your best choice for Project Mangement PMP, Project Mangement PMP training, Project Mangement PMP certification, Project Mangement PMP boot camp, Project Mangement PMP certification training, Project Mangement PMP certification course, Project Mangement PMP course, Project Mangement PMP class.

Project Mangement PMP space
Search classes by keyword:
Search classes by category:

Copyright © 2014 CED Solutions. CED Solutions Refund Policy. All Rights Reserved.