Cisco CCNP Security Certification Training Course
Cisco CCNP Security
|Number of Exams:
Cisco Certified Specialist - Security Core
Cisco Certified Specialist - Network Security VPN Implementation
DoD Approved 8570: IAT Level III
Grants (discounts) are available for multiple students for the same or different courses.
Payment Plan Available
- Cisco Official Courseware
- Cisco Official Labs
- Lifetime access to Courseware
- Labs are available for 1 year from date of redemption
- Apply Cost to Instructor-led Training of Same Course
- Hands-on instruction by a certified instructor
- Includes all course materials
- Practice Exam
- Certification Exam
Can't travel or you want to stay with your family or business. No problem!
Stay in your own city and save the additional expenses of roundtrip airfare, lodging, transportation, and meals and receive the same great instruction live from our instructors in our Live Instructor-Led Remote Classroom Training.
Remote Classroom Training
Our Remote Classroom Training is a live class with students observing the instructor and listening through your computer speakers.
You will see the instructor's computer, slides, notes, etc., just like in the classroom. You will be following along, doing work, labs, and individual assignments.
"The CCNP instructor knew the material, kept the students awake and kept the class fun and interesting. His number 1 goal was to help us learn and it was obvious every day. CED Solutions was well run and organized in every way. I would use CED Solutions for any future training. Thanks."
-Pete Milosevich, New Berlin, WI
Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification program is aligned specifically to the job role of the Cisco Network Security Engineer responsible for Security in Routers, Switches, Networking devices and appliances, as well as choosing, deploying, supporting and troubleshooting Firewalls, VPNS, and IDS/IPS solutions for their networking environments.
The new CCNP Security certification program prepares you for today's professional-level job roles in security technologies. CCNP Security now includes automation and programmability to help you scale your security infrastructure.
There are no formal prerequisites for CCNP Security, but you should have a good understanding of the exam topics before taking the exam.
CCNP candidates often also have three to five years of experience implementing security solutions.
Cisco CCNP® Security
Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR 350-701)
Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies v1.0 (SCOR 350-701) tests a candidate's knowledge of implementing and operating core security technologies including network security, cloud security, content security, endpoint protection and detection, secure network access, visibility and enforcements.
1.0 Security Concepts
- Explain common threats against on-premises and cloud environments
- Compare common security vulnerabilities such as software bugs, weak and/or hardcoded passwords, SQL injection, missing encryption, buffer overflow, path traversal, cross-site scripting/forgery
- Describe functions of the cryptography components such as hashing, encryption, PKI, SSL, IPsec, NAT-T IPv4 for IPsec, pre-shared key and certificate based authorization
- Compare site-to-site VPN and remote access VPN deployment types such as sVTI, IPsec, Cryptomap, DMVPN, FLEXVPN including high availability considerations, and AnyConnect
- Describe security intelligence authoring, sharing, and consumption
- Explain the role of the endpoint in protecting humans from phishing and social engineering attacks
- Explain North Bound and South Bound APIs in the SDN architecture
- Explain DNAC APIs for network provisioning, optimization, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Interpret basic Python scripts used to call Cisco Security appliances APIs
2.0 Network Security
- Compare network security solutions that provide intrusion prevention and firewall capabilities
- Describe deployment models of network security solutions and architectures that provide intrusion prevention and firewall capabilities
- Describe the components, capabilities, and benefits of NetFlow and Flexible NetFlow records
- Configure and verify network infrastructure security methods (router, switch, wireless)
- Implement segmentation, access control policies, AVC, URL filtering, and malware protection
- Implement management options for network security solutions such as intrusion prevention and perimeter security (Single vs. multidevice manager, in-band vs. out-of-band, CDP, DNS, SCP, SFTP, and DHCP security and risks)
- Configure AAA for device and network access (authentication and authorization, TACACS+, RADIUS and RADIUS flows, accounting, and dACL)
- Configure secure network management of perimeter security and infrastructure devices (secure device management, SNMPv3, views, groups, users, authentication, and encryption, secure logging, and NTP with authentication)
- Configure and verify site-to-site VPN and remote access VPN
3.0 Securing the Cloud
- Identify security solutions for cloud environments
- Compare the customer vs. provider security responsibility for the different cloud service models
- Describe the concept of DevSecOps (CI/CD pipeline, container orchestration, and security
- Implement application and data security in cloud environments
- Identify security capabilities, deployment models, and policy management to secure the cloud
- Configure cloud logging and monitoring methodologies
- Describe application and workload security concepts
4.0 Content Security
- Implement traffic redirection and capture methods
- Describe web proxy identity and authentication including transparent user identification
- Compare the components, capabilities, and benefits of local and cloud-based email and web solutions (ESA, CES, WSA)
- Configure and verify web and email security deployment methods to protect on-premises and remote users (inbound and outbound controls and policy management)
- Configure and verify email security features such as SPAM filtering, antimalware filtering, DLP, blacklisting, and email encryption
- Configure and verify secure internet gateway and web security features such as blacklisting, URL filtering, malware scanning, URL categorization, web application filtering, and TLS decryption
- Describe the components, capabilities, and benefits of Cisco Umbrella
- Configure and verify web security controls on Cisco Umbrella (identities, URL content settings, destination lists, and reporting)
5.0 Endpoint Protection and Detection
- Compare Endpoint Protection Platforms (EPP) and Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) solutions
- Explain antimalware, retrospective security, Indication of Compromise (IOC), antivirus, dynamic file analysis, and endpoint-sourced telemetry
- Configure and verify outbreak control and quarantines to limit infection
- Describe justifications for endpoint-based security
- Describe the value of endpoint device management and asset inventory such as MDM
- Describe the uses and importance of a multifactor authentication (MFA) strategy
- Describe endpoint posture assessment solutions to ensure endpoint security
- Explain the importance of an endpoint patching strategy
6.0 Secure Network Access, Visibility, and Enforcement
- Describe identity management and secure network access concepts such as guest services, profiling, posture assessment and BYOD
- Configure and verify network access device functionality such as 802.1X, MAB, WebAuth
- Describe network access with CoA
- Describe the benefits of device compliance and application control
- Explain exfiltration techniques (DNS tunneling, HTTPS, email, FTP/SSH/SCP/SFTP, ICMP, Messenger, IRC, NTP)
- Describe the benefits of network telemetry
- Describe the components, capabilities, and benefits of these security products and solutions
[ back to top ]
Implementing Secure Solutions with Virtual Private Networks (SVPN 300-730)
Implementing Secure Solutions with Virtual Private Networks v1.0 (SVPN 300-730) tests a candidate's knowledge of implementing secure remote communications with Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions including secure communications, architectures, and troubleshooting.
1.0 Site-to-site Virtual Private Networks on Routers and Firewalls
- Describe GETVPN
- Implement DMVPN (hub-and-spoke and spoke-to-spoke on both IPv4 & IPv6)
- Implement FlexVPN (hub-and-spoke on both IPv4 & IPv6) using local AAA
2.0 Remote access VPNs
- Implement AnyConnect IKEv2 VPNs on ASA and routers
- Implement AnyConnect SSLVPN on ASA and routers
- Implement Clientless SSLVPN on ASA and routers
- Implement Flex VPN on routers
3.0 Troubleshooting using ASDM and CLI
- Troubleshoot IPsec
- Troubleshoot DMVPN
- Troubleshoot FlexVPN
- Troubleshoot AnyConnect IKEv2 and SSL VPNs on ASA and routers
- Troubleshoot Clientless SSLVPN on ASA and routers
4.0 Secure Communications Architectures
- Identify functional components of GETVPN, FlexVPN, DMVPN, and IPsec for site-to-site VPN solutions
- Identify functional components of FlexVPN, IPsec, and Clientless SSL for remote access VPN solutions
- Identify VPN technology based on configuration output for site-to-site VPN solutions
- Identify VPN technology based on configuration output for remote access VPN solutions
- Identify split tunneling requirements for remote access VPN solutions
- Design site-to-site VPN solutions
- Design remote access VPN solutions
- Identify Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) algorithms
[ back to top ]
*Cisco Credits can not be used for travel or expense costs.
CCDA, CCDP, CCIE, CCIP, CCNA, CCNP, Cisco, Cisco IOS, Cisco Systems, the Cisco Systems logo, and Networking Academy are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems® and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this web site are the property of their respective owners.
CED Solutions is your best choice for Cisco CCNP Security,
Cisco CCNP Security training,
Cisco CCNP Security certification,
Cisco CCNP Security boot camp,
Cisco CCNP Security certification training,
Cisco CCNP Security certification course,
Cisco CCNP Security course,
Cisco CCNP Security class.