Network+ CCNA Security Certification Training Course
CompTIA Network+ / Cisco CCNA
|Number of Exams:
Grants (discounts) are available for multiple students for the same or different courses.
- Roundtrip Airfare & Lodging
(Atlanta boot camps only)
- Hands-on instruction by a certified instructor
- Includes all course materials
- On-site Testing
- Lunch & Snacks provided each day
- Practice Exam
- Certification Exam
20% Off Remote Training Certification Courses!
Can't travel or you want to stay with your family or business. No problem! Stay in your own city and save the additional expenses of roundtrip airfare, lodging, transportation, and meals and receive the same great instruction live from our instructors in our Live Instructor-Led Remote Classroom Training.
Remote Classroom Training
Our Remote Classroom Training is a live class with students observing the instructor and listening through your computer speakers. You will see the instructor's computer, slides, notes, etc., just like in the classroom. You will be following along, doing work, labs, and individual assignments.
"The instructor was very good at explaining the information. It was very helpful to have access to my own routers and switches. I will be back to CED Solutions for my CCNP!"
-Thomas Straughn, Banner Elk, NC
The CompTIA Network+ (Exam N10-007) certification ensures that the successful candidate has the important knowledge and skills necessary to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install, operate and configure basic network infrastructure, describe networking technologies, basic design principles, and adhere to wiring standards and use testing tools.
CCNA Security Certification (Exam 210-260) meets the needs of IT professionals who are responsible for network security. It confirms an individual's skills for job roles such as Network Security Specialists, Security Administrators, and Network Security Support Engineers. This certification validates skills including installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality and availability of data and devices and develops competency in the technologies that Cisco uses in its security structure.
The CompTIA Network+ certification (Exam N10-007) is an internationally recognized validation of the technical knowledge required of foundation-level IT network practitioners.
This exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required
to troubleshoot, configure, and manage common network devices; establish basic network
connectivity; understand and maintain network documentation; identify network limitations and
weaknesses; and implement network security, standards, and protocols. The candidate will have a
basic understanding of enterprise technologies, including cloud and virtualization technologies.
CompTIA Network+ is accredited by ANSI to show compliance with the ISO 17024 Standard and, as such, undergoes regular reviews and updates to the exam objectives.
It is recommended for CompTIA Network+ candidates to have the following:
- CompTIA A+ certification or equivalent knowledge, though CompTIA A+ certification is not required.
- Have at least 9 to 12 months of work experience in IT networking.
1.0 Networking Concepts
Explain the purposes and uses of ports and protocols.
- Protocols and ports
- Protocol types
- Connection-oriented vs. connectionless
Explain devices, applications, protocols and services at their appropriate OSI layers.
- Layer 1 - Physical
- Layer 2 - Data link
- Layer 3 - Network
- Layer 4 - Transport
- Layer 5 - Session
- Layer 6 - Presentation
- Layer 7 - Application
Explain the concepts and characteristics of routing and switching.
- Properties of network traffic
- Segmentation and interface properties
- IPv6 concepts
- Performance concepts
- Port forwarding
- Access control list
- Distributed switching
- Packet-switched vs. circuit-switched network
- Software-defined networking
Given a scenario, configure the appropriate IP addressing components.
- Private vs. public
- Loopback and reserved
- Default gateway
- Virtual IP
- Subnet mask
- Address assignments
Compare and contrast the characteristics of network topologies, types and technologies.
- Wired topologies
- Wireless topologies
- Technologies that facilitate the Internet of Things (IoT)
Given a scenario, implement the appropriate wireless technologies and configurations.
- 802.11 standards
- Speed and distance requirements
- Channel bandwidth
- Channel bonding
- Site surveys
Summarize cloud concepts and their purposes.
- Types of services
- Cloud delivery models
- Connectivity methods
- Security implications/considerations
- Relationship between local and cloud resources
Explain the functions of network services.
- DNS service
- DHCP service
Given a scenario, deploy the appropriate cabling solution.
- Media types
- Plenum vs. PVC
- Connector types
- Termination points
- Copper cable standards
- Copper termination standards
- Ethernet deployment standards
Given a scenario, determine the appropriate placement of networking devices on a network and install/configure them.
- Wireless access point
- Media converter
- Wireless range extender
- VoIP endpoint
Explain the purposes and use cases for advanced networking devices.
- Multilayer switch
- Wireless controller
- Load balancer
- Proxy server
- VPN concentrator
- AAA/RADIUS server
- UTM appliance
- NGFW/Layer 7 firewall
- VoIP PBX
- VoIP gateway
- Content filter
Explain the purposes of virtualization and network storage technologies.
- Virtual networking components
- Network storage types
- Connection type
- Jumbo frame
Compare and contrast WAN technologies.
- Service type
- Transmission mediums
- Characteristics of service
3.0 Network Operations
Given a scenario, use appropriate documentation and diagrams to manage the network.
- Diagram symbols
- Standard operating procedures / work instructions
- Logical vs. physical diagrams
- Rack diagrams
- Change management documentation
- Wiring and port locations
- IDF/MDF documentation
- Network configuration and performance baselines
- Inventory management
Compare and contrast business continuity and disaster recovery concepts.
- Availability concepts
- SLA requirements
Explain common scanning, monitoring and patching processes and summarize their expected outputs.
- Event management
- SNMP monitors
Given a scenario, use remote access methods.
- HTTPS/management URL
- Remote file access
- Out-of-band management
Identify policies and best practices.
- Privileged user agreement
- Password policy
- On-boarding/off-boarding procedures
- Licensing restrictions
- International export controls
- Data loss prevention
- Remote access policies
- Incident response policies
- System life cycle
- Safety procedures and policies
4.0 Network Security
Summarize the purposes of physical security devices.
Explain authentication and access controls.
- Authorization, authentication and accounting
- Multifactor authentication
- Access control
Given a scenario, secure a basic wireless network.
- Authentication and authorization
Summarize common networking attacks.
- Social engineering
- Insider threat
- Logic bomb
- Rogue access point
- Evil twin
- DNS poisoning
- ARP poisoning
- Brute force
- VLAN hopping
- Exploits vs. vulnerabilities
Given a scenario, implement network device hardening.
- Changing default credentials
- Avoiding common passwords
- Upgrading firmware
- Patching and updates
- File hashing
- Disabling unnecessary services
- Using secure protocols
- Generating new keys
- Disabling unused ports
Explain common mitigation techniques and their purposes.
- Signature management
- Device hardening
- Change native VLAN
- Switch port protection
- Network segmentation
- Privileged user account
- File integrity monitoring
- Role separation
- Restricting access via ACLs
- Penetration testing
5.0 Network Troubleshooting and Tools
Explain the network troubleshooting methodology.
- Identify the problem
- Establish a theory of probable cause
- Test the theory to determine the cause
- Establish a plan of action to resolve the problem and identify potential effects
- Implement the solution or escalate as necessary
- Verify full system functionality and, if applicable, implement preventive measures
- Document findings, actions, and outcomes
Given a scenario, use the appropriate tool.
- Hardware tools
- Software tools
Given a scenario, troubleshoot common wired connectivity and performance issues.
- Incorrect pin-out
- Incorrect cable type
- Bad port
- Transceiver mismatch
- TX/RX reverse
- Duplex/speed mismatch
- Damaged cables
- Bent pins
- VLAN mismatch
- Network connection LED status indicators
Given a scenario, troubleshoot common wireless connectivity and performance issues.
- Incorrect antenna type
- Incorrect antenna placement
- Channel overlap
- Distance limitations
- Frequency mismatch
- Wrong SSID
- Wrong passphrase
- Security type mismatch
- Power levels
- Signal-to-noise ratio
Given a scenario, troubleshoot common network service issues.
- Names not resolving
- Incorrect gateway
- Incorrect netmask
- Duplicate IP addresses
- Duplicate MAC addresses
- Expired IP address
- Rogue DHCP server
- Untrusted SSL certificate
- Incorrect time
- Exhausted DHCP scope
- Blocked TCP/UDP ports
- Incorrect host-based firewall settings
- Incorrect ACL settings
- Unresponsive service
- Hardware failure
[ back to top ]
CCNA Security Certification
Exam: 210-260 - CCNA Security Certification meets the needs of IT professionals who are responsible for network security. It confirms an individual's skills for job roles such as Network Security Specialists, Security Administrators, and Network Security Support Engineers. This certification validates skills including installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality and availability of data and devices and develops competency in the technologies that Cisco uses in its security structure.
- CCENT, CCNA: Route and Switching, or any CCIE Certification
Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (210-260)
This exam tests the candidate's knowledge of secure network infrastructure, understanding core security concepts, managing secure access, VPN encryption, firewalls, intrusion prevention, web and email content security, and endpoint security. This exam validates skills for installation, troubleshooting, and monitoring of a secure network to maintain integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices. This exam also shows competency in the technologies that Cisco uses in its security infrastructure.
The following topics are general guidelines for the content likely to be included on the Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (210-260) exam.
1.0 Security Concepts
- Common security principles
- Common security threats
- Cryptography concepts
- Describe network topologies
2.0 Secure Access
- Secure management
- AAA concepts
- 802.1X authentication
- VPN concepts
- Remote access VPN
- Site-to-site VPN
4.0 Secure Routing and Switching
- Security on Cisco routers
- Securing routing protocols
- Securing the control plane
- Common Layer 2 attacks
- Mitigation procedures
- VLAN security
5.0 Cisco Firewall Technologies
- Describe operational strengths and weaknesses of the different firewall technologies
- Compare stateful vs. stateless firewalls
- Implement NAT on Cisco ASA 9.x
- Implement zone-based firewall
- Firewall features on the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) 9.x
- Describe IPS deployment considerations
- Describe IPS technologies
7.0 Content and Endpoint Security
- Describe mitigation technology for email-based threats
- Describe mitigation technology for web-based threats
- Describe mitigation technology for endpoint threats
[ back to top ]
*Cisco Credits can not be used for travel or expense costs.
CCDA, CCDP, CCIE, CCIP, CCNA, CCNP, Cisco, Cisco IOS, Cisco Systems, the Cisco Systems logo, and Networking Academy are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems® and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this web site are the property of their respective owners.
[ back to top ]
CED Solutions is your best choice for Network+ CCNA Security,
Network+ CCNA Security training,
Network+ CCNA Security certification,
Network+ CCNA Security boot camp,
Network+ CCNA Security certification training,
Network+ CCNA Security certification course,
Network+ CCNA Security course,
Network+ CCNA Security class.