Cascading Style Sheets
"This is by far the very best training I've ever had. Very thorough, held your interest with no problem."
-Betty H, NRC
This course is for students who want to learn how to use Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to develop and design Web sites. Students will explore browser workarounds and sound development principles along the way.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify style sheets of various types, understand the advantages and risks of designing with style sheets, and apply correct style sheet syntax.
- Apply CLASS and ID selectors to customize styles, use the DIV and SPAN elements to construct styles, and create an external style sheet and linking documents to it.
- Understand the rules of the cascade, and create cascading styles.
- Style text with typographical properties, including aligning and indenting text, controlling the spacing of lines and characters modifying other text characteristics; declare specific and generic fonts size fonts with various methods; and create variations of font styles.
- Apply text and background colors with a variety of methods and other background techniques, like controlling background tiling and position.
- Control the margins, borders, and padding of page elements, and create floating elements and list styles.
- Apply position properties to control page layout by absolute and relative coordinates, and control the width, overflow, and layering of page elements.
- Create styles that break down gracefully, such as dynamic hyperlinks and cursor styles, and apply filters and contextual styles.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Designing with Style Sheets
- Style Sheet Syntax
- Creating Simple Rules
Lesson 2: Creating Rules
- Applying Class and ID Selectors
- The DIV and SPAN Elements
- Linked (External) Style Sheets
Lesson 3: Conflicting Rules: The Cascade
- Rules in Conflict; Cascading Order
Lesson 4: Text and Font Properties
- Typographical Properties
- Font Properties
Lesson 5: Applying Colors and Backgrounds
Lesson 6: Box Properties
- Formatting with the Box Model
- Borders, Floating Elements, and Styling Lists
Lesson 7: CSS Positioning
- Positioning Elements Absolutely and Relatively
- Layering Elements with the z-index Property
Lesson 8: Design and Usage Techniques
- Dynamic Link Colors
- Cursor Styles
- Styling Form Elements
- Dynamically Linked Style Sheets
CED Solutions is your best choice for CSS Development,
CSS Development training,
CSS Development certification,
CSS Development boot camp,
CSS Development certification training,
CSS Development certification course,
CSS Development course,
CSS Development class.