SCNA Certification Training
SCNA Certification Boot Camp
"CED Solutions exceeded my expectations. The Security+ instructor was excellent and has an excellent grasp on the subject matter and used easy to understand methods to convey the information to the students. The staff was very courteous and accommodating. I would recommend CED Solutions to anybody looking to get certified."
-T. Stumph, Tampa, FL
- Includes roundtrip airfare and lodging
and Fort Lauderdale boot camps only)
- Hands-on instruction by a certified instructor
- Includes all course materials and practice exams
- Onsite Testing
- Breakfast and Lunch provided each day
The Security Certified Network Architect (SCNA) certification follows the SCNP, and is designed for those candidates who wish to keep moving forward with their security careers.
The SCNA focuses on advanced areas of building trusted networks, such as digital certificates, digital signatures, and securing email, through advanced concepts, such as forensics and biometrics.
Advanced Security Implementation (ASI)
This course is designed to provide the foundation knowledge to network administrators and security professionals who are seeking to learn about advanced security issues surrounding PKI and biometrics. Advanced Security Implementation is designed to provide network administrators and security architects with an awareness of security-related issues and the essential skills they need to implement security in a given network.
- Describe the fundamentals of trusted networks.
- Describe the concepts and principles of cryptography.
- Implement computer forensic tools.
- Identify current laws and legislation that influence computer security professionals.
- Describe biometric solutions, including fingerprint scanning, iris scanning, and vocal scanning.
- Describe strong authentication solutions and implement token-based strong authentication.
- Describe the function of digital certificates.
- Describe the implementation of digital signatures.
Lesson 1: Introduction to Trusted Networks
- The Need For Trusted Networks
- Authentication and Identification
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Applications of PKI
Lesson 2: Cryptography and Data Security
- History of Cryptography
- Math and Algorithms
- Private Key Exchange
- Public Key Exchange
- Message Authentication
Lesson 3: Computer Forensics
- Incident Response
- Computer Forensic Fundamentals
- Hard Disk Structure
- Forensic Tools
- Investigating Computers
- Computer Forensics Solutions
Lesson 4: Law and Legislation
- Intellectual Property
- Categories and Types of Law
- Process of Handling Evidence
- Information Security-related Laws and Acts
Lesson 5: Biometrics-Who You Are
- The Process of Biometrics Today
- Accuracy of Biometrics
- Applications of Biometrics
- Fingerprint Scanning
- Facial Scanning
- Iris and Retinal Scanning
- Vocal Scanning
- Further Biometric Technologies
- Techniques for Compromising Biometrics
Lesson 6: Strong Authentication
- Why Strong Authentication
- Authentication Tokens
- RSA SecurID
- Smart Cards
Lesson 7: Digital Certificates
- Paper Certificates and Identity Cards
- Authorities that Issue Physical Certificates
- The Importance of Protecting the Identity of the CA
- Differences between Physical and Digital Certificates
- Standards for Digital Certificates
- X.509 as an Authentication Standard
- Case Study-VeriSign's Digital Certificates
Lesson 8: Digital Signatures
- Signatures as Identifiers
- Features of Digital Signatures
- Digital Signatures in Practice
- Standards for Digital Signatures
- Digital Signatures and PKI
[ back to top ]
Enterprise Security Solutions (ESS)
Enterprise Security Solutions is designed to provide network administrators and security architects with an awareness of security-related issues and the essential skills they need to implement security in a given network.
- Identify, describe the transition towards, and implement trusted networks.
- Implement a stand-alone Microsoft CA and a Microsoft Enterprise Root CA.
- Implement a Linux CA.
- Manage digital certificates.
- Configure local file encryption.
- Protect local files using biometrics.
- Configure and secure wireless networks.
- Secure email using PGP and S/MIME.
- Build trusted networks.
Lesson 1: Trusted Network Implementation
- Defended Networks of Today
- Trusted Network Services
- Cryptography Primer
- The Role of Strong Authentication
- PKI Roles and Fundamentals
Lesson 2: Planning a Trusted Network
- Required Components
- Certificate Paths
- Planning Documents
- Certificate Practices Framework
Lesson 3: Microsoft Trusted Networks
- Certificate Authority Requirements
- Major Functions of a CA Hierarchy
- Certificate Standard and Format
- Implement Microsoft Certificate Authorities
- Implement a Microsoft Enterprise Root CA
Lesson 4: Linux Certificate Authorities
- Introduction to Linux Certificate Authorities
- Certificate Authorities for Linux
- Prepare to Install a CA
- Use CATool
Lesson 5: Managing Certificates
- Certificate Lifecycle and Certificate Management
- Create Certificates
- Process Certificate Requests
- Assign a Certificate
- Certificates on Smart Cards
Lesson 6: Local Resource Security
- Windows 2000 EFS Fundamentals
- Configure EFS
- Control EFS Use
- Store Encrypted Files on a Floppy Disk with EFS
- Secure Data with Biometrics
Lesson 7: Wireless Network Security
- Wireless Networking Fundamentals
- Wireless LAN (WLAN) Fundamentals
- Wireless Security Solutions
- Wireless Auditing
- Wireless Trusted Networks
Lesson 8: Secure Email
- Secure Email Fundamentals
- Secure Email with PGP
- S/MIME Background
Lesson 9: Building Trusted Networks
- Building Windows Domains-Enterprise of Trust
- Configuring the Enterprise CA
- Setting Up the Linux CA
- Certificate Authority Trust-Cross Trust
- Secure Email
- Certificate Revocation
CED Solutions is your best choice for Security SCNA,
Security SCNA training,
Security SCNA certification,
Security SCNA boot camp,
Security SCNA certification training,
Security SCNA certification course,
Security SCNA course,
Security SCNA class.